Revised schedule for sv Intrepid.
I am planning to depart Thailand for the Red Sea a few weeks earlier than originally planned:
Depart Phuket February 7, 2020. Direct Sri Lanka (Trincomalee) and / or India (Kochi). This is approximately 1400 nm, and I estimate about 16 – 18 days. Assuming a few weeks in this area, I then plan to depart Kochi by March 9, 2020. From Kochi, direct into the Red Sea and eventually to Bur Sa’id. This is approximately 3275 nm, and I estimate about 35 days. Estimated arrival into Bur Sa’id is April 16, 2020.
Still have a few jobs I need finish before I can depart. These include:
- Service my prop.
- Replace 2 engine mounts
- Align my engine
- Repair my Main Sail
- Troubleshoot the “High SWR” issue on my AIS
- Some rigging work, to also include fixing my anchor light, steaming light, welding on my pulpit bow light, reinstall radar reflector, new spreader end caps.
- Buy replacement / extra fuel filters, oil filter and sail tape.
- Sign up for SailMail, so I can communicate in the Red Sea
- Repair my Refrigerator (I currently have a Norcold Norcolder 4408 Series Icebox Conversion Kit – L-Shaped. Does not turn on, grrr! It has not worked since October 2018!)
- Troubleshoot my water maker (I have actually never used it)
- Maybe find a working Iridium 9555 satellite telephone.
- Finally, a working 12 v gas generator would be nice!!
Your advice/suggestions (legitimate, not sarcastic please), and/or donations help keep this intrepid sailor afloat!
Follow us, www.sailintrepid.com